Tuesday 1 April 2014

From espaliers to Brendan Behan in one easy step


No big building these days comes without at least some landscaping, few roses here, a flower bed there, an act of propitiation for the dreadful architecture that usually lurks behind. Well Humberside Police HQ on Clough Road is no exception and this expensive lump comes with a row of espaliers. I don't know if they're apple trees and plod is setting up an orchard but they are an interesting development.
If you think that, because of the date, this is a joke then you might be right or you could check out the City Daily Photos theme day where they're fixated on triangles for some reason. I must admit that when I heard that triangles were to be the theme my mind instantly thought of this. Sláinte!

6 comments:

  1. clever interpretation of this month's theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this take on the the theme has made me smile the most HH :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you've played with the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, William! I think you're the only one who posted Brendan Behan.

    ReplyDelete