Friday 11 January 2019

Mere Portals




Today I post a collection portals that would otherwise just hang around on my computer. Starting with the rare Baroque barley-twist columns of Clifton House on Queen Street. Bits of this enormous house date from the 13th century.


This too is on Queen Street. There's a Devil's Alley somewhere in these parts, that I must go to see at some point.



This is the Burkitt Homes on Queen Street as well. They look pretty old but but they're just old-fashioned from 1909; fit in well with the surrounding ancient stuff.


Ancient doorway also on Queen Street.


This is opposite St Margaret's, I wonder if the floor matches the window.


Although engraved in stone this is no longer Lloyds Bank but rather the TSB. This is neither the time nor the place to explain how the change came about... It's on good old Tuesday Market and why I didn't post it  back when I showed everything else about Tuesday Market I don't know.


And last and for no other reason than I like it, here's the Customs House doorway by the Purfleet.

1 comment:

  1. The passage into Three Crowns Yard particularly appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete