Saturday 29 February 2020

Customs House, King's Lynn


Sometimes I think places try too hard to get the people in; take this light show on the Customs House for example. Is it really necessary? Does it add anything to the place? I'm not convinced. Oh it's an entertaining five minutes or so and, yes, I took far too many pictures but I feel it somehow trivializes the architecture. Simple lighting would satisfy me. There's four of these shows on in the town apparently but when we were there this was the only one actually working. Does a 900 hundred year church like St Margaret's need decorating by projected illuminations to please tourists? Maybe it does these days I don't know.


Weekend Reflections are here.

1 comment:

  1. It's done here on our Centre Block during the summer, though I don't know if that'll continue this year with work going on.

    ReplyDelete