Monday 7 September 2020

Otoño Porteño


In these revolutionary times I find I have practically given up watching TV. I watch one recorded episode a day (if that) of an old repeated detective series; Law and Order preferably with Jerry Orbach, I know they're far from real policing in New York ( & probably filmed in California) but they're comfortable like an old pair of slippers and a favourite jumper. And that's just about it save for a late night episode of Family Guy (Stewie Griffin is just a wonderful invention). Dabbling with the new technology I end up with You Tube; which, disturbingly, thinks that I am interested in watching beautiful, suicide blonde, young ladies playing classical guitar, it knows me far too well... OK must go now as Señor Piazolla's tangos cannot be put off any longer ...

2 comments:

  1. I love Piazolla. We have had the good fortune to visit Buenos Aires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I love L&O, too. It is the original and the best, we feel, of the programs in the L&O franchise. And it was filmed in New York. A lot of New York actors got work appearing on that program. We also like the original Closer but the violent level sometimes is too high for my wife. She really likes the old Doc Martin series. It is like Law and Order in that it isn't filmed on a backlot in California. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete