Thursday 23 June 2016

Wake me when it's all over.


When you were young did your mother ever tell you not pick at scabs? That itchy scraped knee with its red crusty wounds just ached to be scratched and picked at only to bleed and start all over again. Well for forty six years the Conservative Party has been picking at its European scab till the damn thing became ulcerous with more than a hint of gangrene. Today the pustulating boil will be lanced and much good it will do anyone. The level of 'debate' has sunk to hitherto unplumbed depths. It's all lies, hyperbole, unbelievable scaremongering and idiotic name calling from both sides (of the Conservative Party!). As for Labour ... well it's a good job no-one is listening to Labour any more; best not to intrude on private grief.

Frankly if we were asking to join the European Union today I very much doubt they'd want us.

The result is tomorrow and I confidently predict half the country is not going to be happy. 

For myself I think I'll take heed of this sign ...






3 comments:

  1. Having had our share of referendums in Canada, I can say they're no fun at all. At least half of your country's going to wake up with bad hangovers on Friday wishing the previous night hadn't happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only there was some way both sides could lose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your title is perfect. I have opinions, I vote, I care. But I don't like politics at all.

    ReplyDelete