Monday 15 September 2014

Dancing in the street


As I walked down High Street on Saturday I came across this group in Georgian costume and thought little of it (it was that kind of day, there was a jester and a monk by the church earlier) until after I visited Maister House when I heard music and they were all lined up ready for an 18th century hop. Naturally I filmed it for posterity.


After this the crowd was to be regaled with the weary womanly woes of a whaler's wife. Too much for me so I left.


1 comment:

  1. Quite a setting for that!

    One of our museums here has in the past had people in period clothing wandering through the exhibits, which are set out in chronological order. They probably still do it, of course, but whenever I'm in there, I haven't seen them.

    ReplyDelete