Sunday 9 October 2016

A fungal infection


Everything has its 'day' these days from poets to smiles and even cats. So it should be no surprise to learn that today is UK Fungus Day when all things mucid and mycological are celebrated. There's a truly irritating video "celebrating the importance of fungi in every aspect of our lives" here. My knowledge of fungi identification is somewhat limited so the the most I'll say about the two specimens I've posted is that they are both bracket fungi, probably a Ganoderma of some some sort, and they can't be doing those trees any good at all.




2 comments:

  1. I'm of the opinion that most fungi are beautiful, as these prove. I didn't realize they were harmful to trees. The relationship seems so symbiotic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's such a rich variety of them all over the world.

    ReplyDelete