Friday 11 July 2014

Underfoot



Not, as you might think, a picture of the last thing some unfortunate Lilliputian saw as Gulliver bestrode the earth like a colossus but a mere advertisement for the services of a quack, oh sorry, no, erm, a chiropractor. This one on Wednesday Market in Beverley. Despite there being little or no evidence that joint snappers do any good at all and may even do considerable harm, they seem to be thriving in Beverley as there's another one on Railway Street with this charming fellow in the window.


4 comments:

  1. I have never had to visit a chiropractor myself but I have known a few people who swear by them and I'm not talking about swear words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They'll certainly draw your attention.

    My dad went to one for awhile after an injury, but felt it wasn't doing him much good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hurt in a car accident and my insurance paid for a chiropractor. The first thing she wanted to do was jerk my neck, which freaked me out, so I didn't go back.

    ReplyDelete