Saturday 30 August 2014

High Windows


Squeezed into a narrow plot between a railway line, an old Jewish cemetery and a cut-through dedicated for some strange reason to Saint Ninian lie three or four of these new eco-buildings. No Queen Anne revival style here more your overgrown insulated tea chest. The windows are three stories and give nice reflections but I cannot imagine how dreary the view must be from within . The interiors are extremely spacious with triple height voids(!), how do I know? The architects tell us so and invite us to have a good look round here. I know this should be paradise but what, exactly, do you do with all that space and all that sun-comprehending glass?

Weekend reflections are here.

7 comments:

  1. What a stunning piece of moderne architecture... I like the contrast between glass and pinewood, it is very welcoming, not as cold as concrete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does remind me of the odd modern house we see here- it's not a style that suits me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the wood and glass combo too! I like modern...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Modern meets nature! A great reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am I right in thinking they took down a lot of trees and upset a lot of people to build these houses? I seem to remember there was a right kick off. Suppose they are alright though... Although these are the type of arty farty photos that don't really show you a lot. Must be quite nice having the trains trundling past your window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. little boxes on stilts - won't look like that after ten years of rain but by then the architects will be long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There was a fuss about cutting down the trees, I signed a petition at the time.

    ReplyDelete